Sunday 31 January 2016

Glimpses of Mother Krishnabai - IX


Mataji - On Ego

I was with Sri Dilip Kumar Roy when he visited the Ashram some years ago.  He asked Mataji whether she had rooted out her ego, She replied "No! I have enlarged it so as to embrace all beings".

Mataji - On East and West

Another friend asked her, "Now that you have seen Europe and America, what do you think of the people there in the West compared with our people in India." At this question, She stretched out the palm of her hand and remarked" "Like the two sides of this palm, the East and the West are integrally one, not separate.  How can there be any great difference between the two?"
In Mataji's enlarged and unified vision, the East and the West are essentially one, being manifestations of the all-pervading God.  This friend then requested

Mataji - Dealing with irresponsible subordinates

Mataji for the solution of a personal problem of his. He said: "I have a lot of men serving under me; sometimes they prove untrustworthy and irresponsible.  I then feel like dismissing them on the spot.  How am I to deal with them?" Mataji's reply was amazingly simple and direct.  She said: "Do not  bad thoughts sometimes assail you also? Do you abandon or dismiss yourself because of these?  Do you think it is all smooth sailing for me with the inmates of the Ashram here?  But I do not think of abandoning or getting rid of any of them."

                                                                   - Swami Atmananda, Chittur

No comments:

Post a Comment