Thursday 3 October 2019

Matajis' identification with all beings

Matajis' identification with all beings 



A lady devotee mother visited Ashram with her two year old child and stayed in L building. In those days, there was no canteen and the night dinner served was bread and milk.  One day, the mother devotee did not take her share of milk, meant for the child thinking it would be useful to visiting devotees. The next day when she went for Mataji darshan queue, Mataji asked her to sit by her side. After everyone has gone, she turned to her and said, why you have not taken the share of your milk? Mother devotee, 'since there were lot of sweet prasad I thought milk would be available to other devotees and I have not taken it.' Mataji said, 'yesterday night I couldn't take my dinner.  When I prayed to Papa for the reason, I saw your child was denied his food, the milk.  As a mother, don't you know a child requires milk. Since you denied him the milk I couldn't take my food. Don't deny the child what he needs.' Such is the identification of Mataji with all beings!

In another instance, the same devotee mother kept her child on the bare floor of verandah, adjacent to Mataji room. Devotee mother instructed the child not to move and be there. When she went for Mataji darshan, Mataji asked her 'what have you done to the child?'  Devotee mother said, 'I have not done anything wrong. I kept the child in verandah.'  Mataji asked her to touch her left side of the face, it was very hot.  Mataji said, 'you have kept the child in hot sun. Go and see.' Devotee mother rushed to the verandah to see her child.  The child didn't move obeying the words of her mother though the sun was burning his cheeks! Devotee mother felt sorry and took the child to her arms.  Such is the identification of Mataji with all beings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment